Tuesday, August 16, 2011

One Hand Washes the Other

The other night, while teaching a cooking class, I cut my finger. An annoying thing to do especially when you're the one who's supposed to know what you're doing.
Luckily, one of my regular students is a nurse pratictioner and she bandaged me up perfectly. She told me: "Don't Get It Wet!" and "Don't Take the Bandage Off For Three Days!!"
In those three days I understood what one hand washes the other really is. You can't wash your hand with just one hand. You can't dry your hand with just one hand. You need them both.
During that same time President Obama was trying to wash hands with the other side of the aisle (the side way over to the right way over about a million miles from the Capitol building) and he couldn't.
You can't wash hands with just one hand.
And so. Everything is rather dirty.

No comments:

Post a Comment